Ventura Land Trust is a local, private, non-profit land trust working to protect the land, water, wildlife, and scenic beauty of the Ventura region for current and future generations. The organization strives to create a fun, inspiring, and team-oriented work environment with flexible work hours.
The Accounting Manager reports to the Deputy Director and is responsible for a full range of daily accounting operations and financial reporting. The Accounting Manager must understand the organization’s financial performance in order to provide key information to department directors and the Board of Trustees in order to make important decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting/finance
- Minimum 3 years experience in nonprofit accounting
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- CPA a plus
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for up to 8 hours with breaks
- Ability to walk up one flight of stairs to the VLT office
- $35-$39 per hour
- 40 hours per week
- Eligible for full-time holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Employer-sponsored medical benefits
- Employee-contributed 401(k)