Sonoma Land Trust is seeking a Community Outreach Manager to develop, implement, and grow the Land Trust’s volunteer, internship, and community organizing efforts around open space and parks. This role, housed in the Community Engagement and Education Department, is a key contributor to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan, and facilitates ways for community members to get involved and support our work.
As a nearly 50-year-old, nationally awarded, land protection and ecological conservation nonprofit, we are working towards climate resilience in the North Bay area. We accomplish our work by acquiring, restoring, and engaging with land for the community’s benefit. A pivotal part of our mission is empowering the community to act for conservation.
You’re encouraged to apply if you:
- Have at least 3+ years of experience building communities around mission driven strategies and 2+ years managing and supervising volunteers and/or interns.
- Are people-oriented with exceptional relationship development and management skills.
- Understand how to create multicultural spaces that are welcoming, growth oriented, and sensitive to differing identities.
- Have flexibility to work outside of normal business hours on evenings and weekends when our audiences are available.
- Are English/Spanish bilingual (beginner through fluent)
About the Position
- Salary starting at $78,000 annually with generous employer provided benefits.
- Full-time, exempt position based in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Hybrid work model is standard, although this position includes significant face-to-face responsibilities in Sonoma County.
- Early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Our desired start date is mid-fall.
Sonoma Land Trust’s community engagement programs serve a diverse audience with broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, and orientations. We encourage applications from candidates who reflect and value the audiences and populations we serve.
Please send a letter introducing yourself and a copy of your resume and contact information as a single .pdf to [email protected]. Please: no phone calls, drop-ins, or paper applications.